Senior Software Engineer Big Data
Mannheim / Germany
Our client, a leading worldwide scientific publishing concern, is currently recruiting for a Senior Software Engineer to join a new data team. This is an exciting opportunity as the successful candidate will establish the technical foundations for the new business unit.
The scope of the new team covers the creation and improvement of new and existing products based on the company’s digital content as well as data analysis with a special focus on semantic web techniques. The successful candidate will be responsible to ensure that the data integration systems are appropriately engineered: scalable, resilient and flexible whilst team members will contribute with their Data Modelling, Processing and Analysis know- how. Alongside this the role will provide training and mentoring to guarantee high level of software development skills within the whole team.
The role will require considerable knowledge across a number of different software technologies and extensive expertise in building data integration systems using a range of technologies in an agile development environment. Previous experience working with Semantic Web techniques is desirable but not essential.
- Contribute to the delivery of large-scale data integration and publishing systems
- Provide operational availability of software tools
- Participate in Semantic Web and Open Data initiatives
- Ensure the effectiveness of software development within the team
- Train junior team members
- Be part of the larger software development community within the concern
- Keep up-to-date with developments in Semantic Web, databases, and software techniques
Key Skills and Experience:
- Experience in defining and implementing automated data integration and data publishing systems
- Strong programming expertise with a range of techniques, such as object-oriented and functional, and in a range of languages.
- Practical knowledge of distributed Unix systems, including scripting and utilities
- Understanding of issues in end-to-end system design, such as resilience, performance, deployment, and optimisation
- Exposure to modern Web-based application architectures, in particular REST
- Strong collaboration skills
- Familiarity with Semantic Web technologies and standards, e.g. Linked Data, RDF, SPARQL, and SKOS
- Experience with a range of database types, such as relational, triple-store, graph
- Familiarity with academic publishing
Anja Burton Recruitment
InterJob · Hampshire – United Kingdom
Tel.: Office Germany: +49 (0) 3342 699 2435
Office England: +44 (0) 23 92 988 299
POSITION: Senior Software Engineer Big Data Mannheim
ORT: Raum Mannheim